As of September 18, 2023, Germán Larrea Mota Velasco has a net worth of US$28.3 billion, making him the wealthiest person in the metals and mining industry. Gina Rinehart follows in second place with $26.2 billion, while Vladimir Lisin ranks third with $24.8 billion, and Andrey Melnichenko comes in fourth with $24.7 billion.
The fifth and sixth spots on the list are occupied by Savitri Jindal, whose net worth is $22.7 billion, and Iris Fontbona, whose net worth is $22.3 billion. Vladimir Potanin is placed 7th with a net worth of $22.3 billion. Alexey Mordashov ($21.0 billion) occupied the 8th position among the wealthiest people in the metals and mining industry, followed by Andrew Forrest (No. 9) with $18.8 billion and Lakshmi Mittal (No. 10, $16.1 billion).
Richest Billionaires in Metals and Mining Industry, 2023
- Germán Larrea Mota Velasco & family: $28.3 billion
- Gina Rinehart: $26.2 billion
- Vladimir Lisin: $24.8 billion
- Andrey Melnichenko & family: $24.7 billion
- Savitri Jindal & family: $22.7 billion
- Iris Fontbona & family: $22.3 billion
- Vladimir Potanin: $22.3 billion
- Alexey Mordashov & family: $21.0 billion
- Andrew Forrest: $18.8 billion
- Lakshmi Mittal: $16.1 billion
- Wang Wenyin: $14.5 billion
- Alisher Usmanov: $14.3 billion
- Dang Yanbao: $10.8 billion
- Ivan Glasenberg: $8.9 billion
- Nicky Oppenheimer & family: $8.3 billion
- Zheng Shuliang & family: $8.2 billion
- Pavel Tykac: $7.8 billion
- Andrei Skoch & family: $7.7 billion
- Iskander Makhmudov: $6.8 billion
- Alexander Abramov: $6.0 billion
Have you read?
Knowing is Not Learning.
5 steps to leading successful business transformation.
Why sticking with ‘it’s how we do things is a recipe for disaster.
Level Up Your Corporate Events to Connect With Diverse Personalities.
How leaders can level up their productivity game.